For the last three years, we have been running the Family Football project here at Viesgo. The goal of this project is, on the one hand, to spread the healthy habits associated with playing sports at a young age and to encourage values we strongly identify with such as teamwork, sacrifice and philanthropy, on the other.
FAs part of our corporate social responsibility pledge, we work to foster this type of leisure and sports activities in our business markets. To this end, the choice of the various schools that participate in the project is based on the relationship that the various departments of Viesgo have with the community, as well as social and sports related considerations.
Family Football took off in Spain almost four years ago. Since then it has been evolving and cementing itself as one of the company's most important corporate social responsibility projects in its Spanish business markets. Thanks to this project, over 3,000 children from 20 sports schools all over Spain benefit from the programme. A number of tournaments are held every year in different parts of Spain in which as many as 2,000 additional children aged between 5 and 17 participate.
The sports schools participating in this project are:
- Club Parayas, Marina Sport and Gimnástica de Torrelavega(Cantabria)
- Deportivo Valdés ACF, FS Boal and E.F Arenas de Cabrales(Asturias)
- CD Burela FS, SDC Residencia and AD Santiago de Foz(Lugo)
- Club Cistierna FS (León)
- Juventud P. Palmones CF, UD Los Barrios, CD Puente Mayorga and AD Taraguilla (Cádiz)
- Escola de Futbol Base Sant Sebastià-C.F. Canonja, (Tarragona)
- CF Sant Salvador Cercs (Barcelona)
- AD Fútbol Base Bajo Aragón – Caspe (Zaragoza)
- Atadi- Escuela de Fútbol Promesas Mineras (Teruel)
- Club FS Nazareno (Sevilla)
- Federación Madrileña de Deportes de Parálisis Cerebral (Madrid)
The project also includes collaboration agreements with FMDPC, the Madrid Cerebral Palsy Sports Confederation, and ATADI, The Teruel Group of Associations for People with Intellectual Disability, in order to support and spread the practice of sports among persons of differing abilities. In addition, this project helps strengthen our bond with our employees, as some of them participate actively as volunteers.
Family Football is only possible thanks to the company's volunteers. Because they too have thrown themselves into this project, because they believe in the importance of fostering strong values from early childhood and because they also see sport as an educational tool.